Followers

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall update, A little of this and that.

First off, I want to Thank Ann Hyde in England, for this WONDERFUL watercolor rendition of something I told her I was thinking. Con is always walking around the yard with this motley crew following him. Annie ALWAYS with her pink ball in her mouth. and the girls following behind. One day I said to Ann, on one of her wonderful blogs, that I have this vision of the girls following behind Annie with pink balls in their beaks. Once I put that thought  in her head she had to do it, and we  decided we would  each do a sketch of it, but then my Suzi died and I kind of lost heart.  A couple days ago this came in the mail for me and I just cried. Its so dang cute and so perfect with Suzi front and Center. THANK YOU ANN,  I TRULY LOVE IT!!
Fall has come to Oregon. Its starting to get pretty.
Fall around here means work. Con having to get up on the roof to clean gutters by hand. Gulp.
 and with the leaf blower.
 He has to sprinkle moss off along the ridge of the house or else moss builds up and ruins a roof. I am always so glad when this is done.
With all the rain we had the fields are greening up and our field is looking mighty good to this horse so he was knocking it over and Con had to go do some repairs.
He added in more stakes we had laying around. We don't want her in our field since she is so tall and can eat our trees and the top of our bushes we want to keep. The sheep ate the bottoms and they are finally growing out. So we wont be having more sheep in our field either.
She was trying to tell him to not fix it tho. :)
To keep up with all this work he is getting on the Treadmill in the mornings. I am too.
Annie isn't to sure about this..
Her pink ball is lonely
Oh well there are the leaves to be raked and a pink ball to be dumped in the middle of them.
And YEP, I told Con this would happen. The girls scratching them all over as fast as he is raking them in piles. Hmm wonder if they will be putting their little pink balls in the piles too. LOL  Its going to be a loooong fall. lol

This is what I see in the foggy mornings lately when I go out to let the Girls out and put out the small bird food. Kind of reminds me of the movie THE BIRDS by Alfred Hitchcock. :)
The little girls are growing. They will be 3 weeks old on Monday or Tuesday. I have finally named them..They are Gracie and Chloe.

The flash makes them look funny but they are growing and you can see how different from each other they look in the face. I have named them finally. The one up front with the whiter beak and white around the eyes is a tad smaller but feistier then the one in back and I named her CHLOE. She hops on and off of my hand and pecks at it if I irritate her.. lol  The all  back one  is GRACIE.  She is a bit shy but getting more friendly. Already I can tell them apart by their personalities. These two little girls have made my heart less heavy already from the loss of Suzi Q.
 I am sharing this sketch I did a few years ago as a tribute to my Dad. On Tuesday the 22nd it will be 10 years he passed away, so I thought I would post it again. He loved his music and his Saxophone. :) He would have loved this of him.
Happy Fall!!

24 comments:

  1. Looks like someone was working hard and someone was just taking photos! No who was that I wonder? You redeemed yourself with the great paintings at the end. What a lovely thought of your friend to send that painting. Enjoy your beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey somebody's got to man the camera! LOL Thanks Polly.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cris, So pleased you love the painting. Thanks for sharing it on your blog......ann :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sending it to me. its so adorable and so what was in my head its scary. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet of Ann. It is adorable and just what you needed!
    Love your new babies, too cute. You could name them 'Cute' and 'Cuter'. lol
    Yes, autumn has come your way along with all the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Teri..Cute and Cuter fits. and yes on all the work, but then come December its done and we sit inside wishing for summer again so we can do it all over again next Fall. lol

      Delete
  4. Your life is just so so lovely! You all must feel so healthy too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, I will feel more healthy if we keep up the Treadmill. :)

      Delete
  5. Cris this is an awesome post! Love Ann's painting of Con and the Annie, Chicken parade! Adorable! The colored leaves are gorgeous. The turkeys on the roof, and I don't mean Con, is a great photo! The new little chicks are so cute. And the tribute to your dad is wonderful. Bitter sweet. Love that you and Con are joining the treadmill club too! Tell that man to be careful on the roof please! Happy Sunday.
    Your drawings of course I've seen already at Somewhere To Sketch, but they still shine for me as wonderful art work in your personal style which I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. Yeah Con thinks hes a bird sometimes climbing up on the roof. Scares me silly, but what can you do with these men?? :)

      Delete
  6. I love your sketches, especially the one as tribute to your Dad. I know he would be proud of the sketch. Seeing the sketch your friend sent made me smile too. So cute. I have heard you mention about how the livestock follows Con around. What a parade. Maybe Annie will get on the treadmill too. It would be good for her too. Especially this winter when we all don't get enough exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Lisa, Would be good if Annie would get on the TM but she is a chicken at heart. LOL no pun intended..LOL

      Delete
  7. Anne's painting is just perfect! What a treat.

    As for the photos, Con on the roof edge reminds me of the one time I tried to clean gutters that way. That night I kept feeling as though I was still on the edge of the roof. I do it from a ladder now -- and get my butt muscles all too sore.

    Sketching the far corners of the earth looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. It scares me silly when he gets up on the roof like that... but he has been doing it for years. He gets up there and I dream of falling. :-O

      Delete
  8. That is really sweet of Ann to do that painting, and boy, your fall is so much later than ours.

    I just joined the sketching somewhere...now have to find time to post and do it!

    love those baby chickies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mim our fall does seem to be later then you back east. Our front tree is just now starting to turn. We will rake leaves till December. Well, he will blow them into piles. :) Look forward to your sketching. Its sketch and post when you can. Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  9. Sweet, sweet sketch by Ann! Love the visit with what's going on in your world as well as the fun sketches from Israel. Gosh, I feel like I'm slacking!

    Love the new girls and the sketch of your dad. Enjoy those beautiful colors. WIsh we had that here in Florida. Instead, we have a few days with less humidity to mark fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laure, That is a sweet sketch Ann did. I would love having warmer weather all winter long. :)

      Delete
  10. Love the sketch Ann drew for you ,isn't she just the sweetest !
    Your sketches also look wonderful.
    Con looks like he has been quite the busy boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Willow, Ann is as well as a wonderful Artist. Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh that Ann! What an Angel to send you that wonderful Sketch! (Particularly with Suzi leading the Chickens!) I laughed out loud because the first thing I noticed were the pink Balls! I love how Life brings just what you need most at the time...

    Chloe and Gracie are adorable...you can see their very different faces...will the older *Gang* accept them as they mature?

    Annie..... oh Annie... just the sweetest, most loving dog!!! I feel I know her!

    I know I *know you and Con* as I can remember quite clearly seeing Con clearing the gutters last Autumn - and the one before!

    Love the Horse and Con (and Annie) segment.... (I still miss the Sheep....always will..)

    *The Turkeys*....no, it was *The Birds* right? A-ha-ha! Great atmospheric photo!

    Autumn Colours up *North* are heavenly.... we only get a smattering of reds and golds...but, I'll take it! Love this time of year!

    Love to all,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Robin. Always love hearing from you. I am hoping the girls will accept the little ones but I am told they will if I do it over a course of a week and when they are big enough. My worry is keeping them in the pen while the big girls come and go as the Hawk will get them if they aren't big enough. But I will cross that bridge when we get to it. We always come up with something. Our two brains together add up to half of one so we are good...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely drawings and paintings! and so fun to see the photos also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for visiting Viola. Glad you enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete