Followers

Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Chicks are 8 weeks old and look at us now.


                                        It's been really cold lately. 
                                But the girls seem to be doing fine.
                                 They love to sit on this bench and look in...
                                  Probably because they are thinking...hey, not fair, how come
                                  They get to be inside where it's warm???
                                   Annie is wondering why they are inside too!
                                       Daisy is also wondering why these hunks of pooping 
                                               Feathers are running around in her space!
                                     Ok space invader. This is MY space!!!
                                                Well it WAS my space.
                                          What!? Your not happy having it to yourself now?
                                           You want the floor too??

                                                  OK  I'm outta here

Hey Cat..come back I was only kidding...
OK be that way--I found a better body to crawl on. Milo is my friend..
Hey can I join this family? Looks like they get spoiled around here. I have a few dozen friends who would come too. :O  All these photos were taken with my iPad and all but three were put on with blogger app I downloaded. I am still trying to figure things out but I am slowly getting there.                                                       

21 comments:

  1. You have done great Cris getting these pix on and it is so nice to see them here. I think perhaps the turkey should have laid low around this time of year though!!! lol.
    Love your room and the cane furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see the chickens with dogs and cats, what a life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann. The room is chick proofed with rugs & sheets right now so ignore the ugly sheets. Lol there were at least 20 turkeys out there this morning. You would think they would be in hiding today. Silly critters. But they know they are safe with me. I swore I would never cook another big turkey again after the last one. To much work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laurie, I wasn't to sure and kept my eye on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute Cris. I hope you and Con had a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely life with your chickens, turkeys, dogs and cats! Have a nice nice advent time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute to have them all trotting around like that. Hope you had a good thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sirkka and Mim, Its fun having them running around. crazy I know but fun. The black dog is our neighbors dog not ours. She likes to come and see them as they grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to see you figured out how to post again. Good to see your little family running around and keeping you busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elva.. getting there. I still want to use my camera pix as they are better but for now this will do. and yes they are keeping us busy. :)

      Delete
  10. Poor Daisey! I do think she's ' upset about having her space invaded! Milo is so cool!
    Mr turkey is grateful to have found a safe haven! He must think you eat vegan! Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha on the Vegan.. little do they all know that we eat Chicken and ground turkey primarily.. oops. but we call it the white meat. lol And Miss Daisy needs some shaking up now and then to keep her from being bored. :)

      Delete
  11. Love the pictures of Daisy surveying her territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Daisy is the Queen and Annie is the Princess. and we are their subjects. lol

      Delete
  12. These adorable chickies may not be too thrilled when the time comes to move outdoors permanently don't you think?
    they appear to be ruling the roost...ahem
    Really fun to watch.
    Tanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You might be right about that Carol, but once they find all those bugs and goodies they wont want to come back in. :) Whats fun to see when they are out running around is the chest butting they do to each other, like Ball players on a high from scoring on the field. lol I have tried to capture it but they are so fast.

      Delete
  13. It is great that they all get along so well! Fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I am relieved they do get along. With this cold snap coming they will be in a little longer now. groan. :)

      Delete
  14. Cute picture story!! Pooping feathers......LOL!!!!!
    Poor Daisy......
    ♥M

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of your best posts! The captions were perfect! I laughed all the way through this... (sssh...don 't tell Daisy..) I adore Milo...he must love coming to visit! The Turkey.....OF COURSE he and his family want to come and stay at YOUR *Gentle Farm*. The Snow is truly gorgeous.... we are cold enough to have some.....but too low in altitude... I am envious! Love to ALL...including Milo and Ms. Turkey! ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete