Followers

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Annie blogging for Cris

Annie here, in case you forgot who I was. My Master took a little bloggy break because some times life just takes over,  so I am here to update you on the last month or so.  Lets see.  December was a busy month with My Master Con having, not one, but TWO cataract surgeries within two weeks of each other. One eye was pretty much blind and the other half blind. So he is sooooo happy to see again. They weren't sure he was going to get the first one done after we got that snow that lasted a week long and we couldn't get out of the driveway to go for measurements but things finally started melting . Something that's never happened in the ten years of them moving here. On top off all that, My  Master Cris got really sick with a nasty virus going around.  She is much better now, but it really knocked her on her keister for awhile. :)). Also she kind of got discouraged when her desktop died and was having problems downloading pictures on the laptop and got some nice help from Elva and then remembered the camera software was never put on the laptop, just the desktop that crashed and burned.. so she got that on and now can download one or two pix at a time as well as the whole memory card if she chooses. Progress happens when the head finally clears up and a lot of encouragement from Friends. :) Thanks Elva, Lynn, Ann & Teri for missing Cris here. :)
The big girls are doing fine and still laying eggs fairly regularly. Emma's not here, she was in the nesting box laying hers. :)
The Lil girls, AKA the Chicks, finally got to go outside to live. This is Chloe. she has this pretty breast of red with black dots of feathers. They have been out side a couple weeks now and LOVE it. They also love bread and come running for it. :)


Gracie has a bit more black on her back and  some red just on  her head. She has gray legs where Chloe has more yellow legs. She kind of remind me of Susie the black one that died, except for the red head. She has a tall tail that  sticks up when she runs just like
Susies did. They both have such sweet personalities. but Gracie is shyer. Chloe is the outgoing one.
They are about 14 weeks old now. they spent a week in the pen getting used to living out there and cried when they had to go sleep in the coop at night and not our sunroom and with in a few days were sleeping up on the perch in the coop snuggled in with the big girls. these two run in tandem, eat in tandem. What ever one does the other does too.  They are each others best friend. They hang around the big girls but at a distance and get chased away a lot but its getting better, they aren't mean to the lil girls any more unless they try to get food they want. The merger went easier then expected. :)
Chloe on the left and Gracie on the right.
They get in the coop early to scope out the spot they want.. Didn't take them long to figure that out. :) They are pretty smart cookies.

Speaking of cookies... I think its time to say ta ta and for me to get my reward Cookie. So that's about all I have to tell that I can remember. oh one more thing. My Masters got me my own bed to sleep in.......

Unfortunately Daisy thinks its hers. Thanks for visiting. :)))

24 comments:

  1. Oh, Annie, this is a wonderful post. I love the updates on all the chicks and chickens! The photos are terrific too! Glad your guy master is seeing well once more, and glad the Mrs. Is getting over her virus. You made me laugh about daisy taking over your new bed! But really, it looks like there is room there for both of you, all the chicks and masters too! Happy animal Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that Daisy sure takes over things. She doesn't share very well either. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Annie...I love your blog post, how helpful you are taking over the post for your mum. Are you going to be the Secretary or the Editor in Chief? I think you need to speak to the Union and sort that one out pronto! lol. Love seeing the chickens and the lil girls, who look so big now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm Editor in chief sounds good. Does it pay in many cookies?? I work for cookies. :))

      Delete
  3. Annie, it is so good to see you and to hear all about what your Masters have been up to. Good to hear all are well and/or healing. The new chickens are cute. Try to enjoy the rest of winter. Here there is record cold. Not a good winter here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been seeing the bad weather back east on the news. I hope it is letting up soon.

      Delete
  4. its so good of you to update us, so much has happened, I hope all is ell and that the rest of this new year brings health happiness and all things wonderful,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I am all for more health. :) same for you guys too.

      Delete
  5. Hi Annie: I can plainly see why a dog is man's / woman's best friend. We were beginning to worry your master had given up on us, but I see you can take things in hand when she slips up on the job. Meanwhile, Annie, don't forget to to let Cris have a nice quiet nap when she needs it. We want her back in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to let her rest but a dog needs her exercise. :))

      Delete
  6. Hiya, and happy new year in case I haven't said so before. Bravo on the cataract op being behind you, and glad it worked. Love your pooch and cheeky chicks driving kitty off her chair. Is that a wild turkey? Big critters aren't they :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, same to you. You went back a few posts.. Yes Daisy was glad to see the back end of those cheeky chicks then she goes and steals Annie's bed. Go figure. :) Actually Annie wants nothing to do with that bed after getting it for her, so its nice to see it being used. :) Yes that is a wild turkey. it was one of 20 we had around here every morning. A few weeks ago the fish and game wildlife people came and trapped all but four and took them off someplace to relocate them. The last we saw the ones that didn't get caught was the hind end of four very frightened Hens running up the street never to be seen again. I loved seeing them around here for awhile, but they were taking over everything. Trying to shoo off our pretty birds we fed and our Chickens and eating up all the food and weren't one bit afraid of us or Annie, and come spring with the four HUGE Toms hanging around, we were in for DOZENS more. Yikes. But I got some great photos. :)

      Delete
  7. Adorable!
    Annie you're hired and tell cris she better be careful...oh and to feel better Very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, I don't know what we would do without you. Thank goodness you stepped forward to update us. Lovely stories you have for show and tell. Tell Cris we are SO happy things are getting back to normal and we expect to see much more of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Teri, I'll pass that on too.:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are being watched over by Annie. What a good pooch. I can't believe how big the chicks are and so cute that they are best friends. I like the wallpaper in the hen house, very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim. That 'wallpaper' is an old sheet over a heavy old rug that is acting as insulation. its all I could come up with when we got down to 10 degrees at night a few weeks ago. that and a low watt heater. They are my babies after all. :))

      Delete
  11. Annie, thank you for updating us on everything going on there. Glad that the humans are on the road to recovery and that Chloe and Gracie always have each other's backs. That's what friends are for. That is one lovely bed you got. Enjoy your reward cookie and your bed...try not to get any crumbs in the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan but Annie decided to give the bed to Daisy. she would rather lay on the floor. ?? go figure. lol

      Delete
  12. Annie, I am late again... but have been quite ill with flu for over a month.... I'm better now, but can definitely relate to what your *Mum* went through... I can't relate to your *Dad's* surgery...but oh....can imagine what an improvement for him now that he can clearly see ALL THE GANG! Love the photos....Chloe and Gracie are already getting big...and they do look different enough that I can identify them! It's sweet that they remain Sisters and stick together!

    As for Daisy....well, we *know* all about *The Queen*...what she wants - she gets! A-ha-ha!

    Please give your Mum and Dad a big hug from me!

    Last, (but certainly not least)...you are such a GREAT BLOGGER! You have a real flair for it! I adore the photo of you with the beloved Pink Ball!


    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all is well ~ and you and the master are just sight seeing now that his vision is back to being sharp :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have missed you both, eye surgery is never easy, very scary, I thought I was finished with blogging when my eyes became worse but a new program for the visually impaired has enabled me to come back, a fresh start, my blog name is almost the same but I have started from fresh, take my friend, I enjoy my visits here so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is good of you to step in and write a blog post for your "mom". I am glad that cataract surgery is over and successful.

    ReplyDelete