Followers

Sunday, April 13, 2014

A little of this and that and nothing. :)

Spring is here for sure now. The migrating birds are coming thru. these Eurasian doves are thick this year. 
Looked out to see one almost pure white out there with the rest. Sure shows up. We also saw a pair of  Evening grosbeaks. I got so so pix of them so I hope they show up again. Usually we see scouts before the rest of the flock shows up.
 I also forgot about my lilacs on the side of the house and went around to be totally surprised at how much they were blooming.  I almost missed them.
 They do smell heavenly. this is the first year almost all my lilacs are producing enough flowers to cut for the house.
 This is an Extra large egg from Chloe one of the youngest girls. In fact this is one of two she laid this huge. and she just popped it out. ouch.
 It was a double yolker. 
I had to get a photo of it. 
:)
 I emailed Ann in England about something and while at it told her about my double yolker and she asked me how I cooked it and I emailed back from my iPad-- that I cooked it in light butter and over easy but my iPad, that is always changing words and getting by me with them,  changed it to SLIGHT BUMMER. I cook it in slight bummer.. what?? LOL well her answer back was that light butter was forever going to be slight bummer and it struck me so funny I spewed out the tea I had just taken a drink of laughing and emailed back to tell her... so she emailed back saying now we cook it in slight bummer splutter and we had to have a blog called Slightbummersplutter.blogspot...so she changed an old existing non used one to it. :)))))  Some days you just need a good laugh and to be silly.
Now what do you put on a blog with that name??? :))
 My breakfast of one very fresh double yolker egg on whole wheat toast cooked in
slight bummer splutter with half an orange.
Have a wonderful Week.
Our 47th wedding Anniversary is on this Tuesday, April 15th.
How can that be when I am only 39??? LOL


17 comments:

  1. I know it is sometimes so funny when the darn things change up the words on you :)
    WOwo that was a big egg.
    Great to see lilacs already !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I was still editing when you commented. :)) Thanks. it was huge and to get two of them in one week was amazing. We have lilacs all over our Valley right now. its sooooooooo pretty.

      Delete
  2. oh you made me laugh, isn't auto correct a hoot!!! That is a huge egg!!!! Sounds yummy!!!! 47 years, wow, good for you two, we are at 42 this year, seems like yesterday and what a coincidence, I am 39 also!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha had to laf at yer 'slight bummer' - and fab blogspot name. Love your chookie egg, early Easter pressie for you, hope you gave Chloe a gold star and a soft cushion... and that first pi of the doves against the red leaves would make a fab painting. Love the chook sketches with the dog watching over them in the previous blog, always enjoyable to visit, have a bute day :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat. We all need more laughter in our lives. :))

      Delete
  4. What an awesome post this is! Love love love the bright red leaves in the top photo sun shining on them! That egg is HUGE and two yokes is no joking matter. Too bad I don't still eat eggs. I'd love to try yours. I love the chicken legs standing down under the plate with egg on toast photo too. did you do that on purpose? Very funny! Got a laugh from you and Ann's chatter back and forth. Two funny gals you are! Wishing you and Con a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow today! Forty Seven years is nothing to sneeze at. Wow. That's a lot of years. I only have forty six years my first and second marriages and living together years with current husband combined. LOL You go girl! Like I said, great post. Made my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. doesnt seem like 47 years.. sure has flown by. I would take another 47 years in a heart beat,. :))

      Delete
  5. Great post Cris. Love seeing the egg...Wow, what a whopper! and a double...Oh your eggs on toast looked so yum. What a laugh with the slight bummer splutter, something you can't say in a hurry either. Had a thought about a header...Butter - no Light - no Bummer! Oooooh, heck.
    Have a Great Day Tomorrow the 15th on your Wedding Anniversary. ....ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, Love the butter header. :)) Life is kind of like butter. Can be smooth and go down well or sticky if left unattended. :) What? lol

      Delete
  6. Love your photos! That egg is so huge! It must have made a wonderful, filling meal cooked in 'slight bummer.' LOL Don't you just love auto correct at times?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. That egg was like eating two in one. and yes that Auto correct does make fore interesting conversations.. LOL

      Delete
  7. A double yoker! WOW
    I have my auto-correct turned off
    Terribly frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I keep thinking of turning it off but it's fun to see what it comes up with. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am late..yet again... sigh.. but, love the tale of Chloe's egg....from start to finish!
    The Doves are gorgeous.... we don't get these here....

    Your Lilacs are heavenly....

    Love to all,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to have an egg cooked in slightly bummered with two yolks. Sounds like a perfect breakfast to me. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete