Followers

Friday, May 16, 2014

New journal pages


Latest in my journaling. Haven't done a lot since my eye sight got bad and I needed new glasses. I finally got some and reading is better already.  Just picked them up today. So this is a sunset I saw out my kitchen window in March. And the deer were watching us as we walked out our front yard. They were standing still trying to be invisible in amongst weeds, but I saw them and took pix. I took these of my Art work with my ipad so they are a bit  blurry.
Pansies are something I grow every spring so this is the start of a new page. I have more to add to it eventually.
My roses are in full spring bloom. We have had some wonderful summer weather so they popped out.
These iris belong to my neighbor. They have been here since we moved here ten years ago. Two years ago she decided to dig them all out and give the bulbs away because of the work of weeding  and separating the bulbs so they would  bloomed. So we helped dig them all up and she gave them away. Her husband tilled the ground under so she could plant some easy care bushes.  I took this picture a couple days ago. Guess they wanted to stay around. Lol
Chloe says bye for now. 

12 comments:

  1. Love your journal pages Cris. You have done such a great job with the deer. How lovely to see them in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you can see well again .
    Isn't Spring grand now that is is finally showing is the flowers !
    Your sketching is so delightful , you did inspire me to get started with a sketch journal. I love your deer sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear I inspired you. You have so much beauty around you to keep one. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Love your journal pages...very nice work! Chloe is so cute and those roses look spectacular! OH, and I guess those irises refuse to be defeated. LOL

    First chance I've had to visit in a while....have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sketches Cris. Love seeing your blooms too and Chloe of course. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I can't believe how much spring you have there - we are still in the beginning stages and tonight have cold rain. What stories you have about Lexy - I can't believe how diligent you guys are - douching a chicken!! I have to admit, I wouldn't even know how to start that. what makes them get "egg-bound" anyway?

    Either way - interesting stories and beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's my favorite time of year here. You have had it so bad back east this year. Not fun. Lexy got egg bound because she broke an egg that the egg white got in her and acted like glue and glued her butt closed so that caused a back up. Which can be deadly. It's a good thing I was aware something was wrong. I give them suet now since I lost my little black one last fall.. they get enough greese to keeps things flowing. :))

      Delete
  6. lovely journal pages. and those roses!! and all the flowers. I live not all that far from Mim and I echo her re: not much spring happening here. glad you are enjoying the beauty and bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to see the deer in your garden and love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for visiting. Love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pages in your journal! I especially like the one of the pansies. They always make me smile. I'm glad some of the irises decided not to move. lol They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those roses and iris are so beautiful! And it's nice to see your drawings in your art journal! I miss that part of your blog when they aren't here! These are so well done!

    ReplyDelete